For the Towns of Bow and Dunbarton
SATURDAY OCTOBER 3, 2015
8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Bow Community Building
(Intersection of Logging Hill, Bow Center and Knox roads)
Fees will apply for electronics.
Bring any of the following for NO CHARGE:
- AUTOMOTIVE: auto batteries, brake, transmission & power steering fluid, antifreeze, used motor oil.
- BATTERIES: rechargeable & NiCad and other batteries containing heavy metals.
- CLEANERS: drain & oven cleaners, degreasers, metal polishers, rug & upholstery cleaners, disinfectants, ammonia, air fresheners
- COMPACT FLUORESCENT LIGHTBULBS: If broken, contain bulb in a lidded glass jar and store in nonliving area (ie in garage) until hazardous waste day. Bulbs are accepted at Hazardous Waste Day and, if intact, year-round at Home Depot and Ace Hardware.
- ELECTRONICS (fees apply): all computer components, printers, cellular and regular telephones, TVs & other electronics (VCRs, DVD players, etc.)
- MERCURY THERMOMETERS & THERMOSTATS
- PAINTS: oil paint lacquer, stains, and other finishes paint removers, turpentine, furniture strippers
- PESTICIDES/INSECTICIDES: for pets, pests, yards/gardens
- SNEAKERS: for recycling into playground surfaces. Any brand, no metal parts.
- OTHER: household chemicals (e.g., toxic glues), pool chemicals, driveway sealer
DO NOT BRING THE FOLLOWING:
- Latex paint or household alkaline batteries (these go in regular curbside trash), propane tanks, building materials & air conditioners (bring to Concord Transfer Station); computer printer cartridges (bring to Bow Middle School), prescription drugs, explosives, radioactive wastes, asbestos products and medical wastes (require special handling).